The NH Alliance for Healthy Aging focus on diversity, equity and inclusion includes;
- Attending to diversity so that the needs of older adults who may be marginalized or underrepresented aren’t forgotten. This includes a priority focus on older people of color (racial and ethnic minority groups), Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender, Queer & Inter-Sexed (LGBTQI) individuals, and people with disabilities.
- Ensuring equity – through striving to understand the root causes of disparities in our society. It means promoting justice, impartiality and fairness in our systems and institutions.
- Creating inclusion – by ensuring diverse individuals are able to participate fully.
To do this, we will….
- Recognize and appreciate the diversity of the experience of aging.
- Include a broad cross-section of people on the AHA Steering Committee and work groups.
- Actively work to reduce bias and inequity in everything we do.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee was established to ensure that a DEI lens remains at the center of all activities and strategies in order to advance equity in healthy aging. View the DEI Committee objectives. We welcome new participants and perspectives to this work. For more information about the DEI Committee or to enquire about joining, please contact Jennifer Rabalais at email@example.com.